A Springfield institution – featured in this very blog’s banner – caught fire Jan. 13. Aunt Martha’s Pancake House will now be shut down for a short period of time as the assess and repair the damage.
Don’t worry, though. Most of the food was undamaged, the fire was contained and they could be re-opened this weekend.
According to the Springfield News-Leader:
Firefighters were told the blaze started when plumbers used a torch to thaw a frozen pipe, Springfield Fire Department Capt. Steve Stinnett said.
That’s a huge relief. I was worried it was a kitchen fire, because the last time I ate at the Pancake House, I actually watched a dude smoke a cigarette as he cooked my blueberry flapjacks.
And you gotta believe me when I tell you, those pancakes were menthol-icious.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.